Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Living the good life


It has been a year since Diego and I moved to Deming, NM to begin our new life on the Quintana Ranch. I knew when we left my beloved Provo, UT that my life would never be the same. Yes, life out here is quite different...it is remote, it is desert, it is chickens, rattlesnakes and coyotes...it is dirty little hands and sun chapped faces...it is clotheslines, well water, tractors and eating by the sweat of our brow...it is the crackling of a bonfire, the roaring of four-wheelers, the ringing of the dinner bell after a hard-days' work...it is breathtaking sunsets and starlit skies. Our new life here in Deming is simple and free, and we are truly living the good life.   

                                                  




   

3 comments:

Dave & Lavenia Gillespie said...

:)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your new and updated blog!!! You are so good at everything you do Raquel! Here is to keeping up on our awesome adventures out here on the ranch :)

jenni said...

Raquel! I just came by your blog... You are such an incredible person. I have enjoyed reading about the adventures that you've recorded so far. I hope to hear more about your experiences and life on the ranch. Brock and I are farm kids at heart and hope to someday live somewhere with more open spaces.