Monday, January 11, 2010

The first 2 weeks...

The first 2 weeks of marriage have been wonderful. Our week-long honeymoon in New Mexico and South Padre Island was perfect. Since being back in Utah, life has really kept us busy. We moved into our cute little condo last Monday.

It's been fun creating our own little home together. It's a beautiful place but small in size. It's just perfect for us actually, because we have to simplify our lives a bit and hang on to only the bare essentials. We're never more than 20 feet apart from each other and don't have to yell to be heard--it's great!

Life with Diego is wonderful. We wake up to his Mariachi grito alarm at 6:45 every morning. I shower and start getting ready while he makes the bed so perfectly and gets his things together. Then I start working on breakfast while he gets himself ready. There's always music playing...sometimes my Air Supply, sometimes his Tigres del Norte. I"m learning to adapt :) Often Diego helps prepare our meals or does it all himself. What a kind and helpful husband he is in every way. We try to fit a few extra quick things into our morning sometimes...a load of laundry, taking out the trash, organizing more things into cupboards, studying...We pray and eat breakfast together, clean up the kitchen, bundle up, lock up, kiss and part our separate ways. He walks to school for his daily 8am class, and I drive his monster truck to work. It's funny, I didn't expect this to be part of the deal. I planned to continue riding my bike or the bus to work, but since we've been so busy over the past few weeks and have been going to bed quite late...it's harder to get up any earlier than we do, and the morning routine finds us rushing out the door with only 5 or 10 minutes to get to work and school. Diego has told me every day for the last week to take his truck. I never asked for it, but he insists. I love that he takes such good care of me--that he wouldn't want me to be late or cold or stressed in any way...and that he would entrust me with his big red baby (La Peliroja).

Lately we've been meeting up on my lunch break. We'll run errands together, grab a bite to eat at home, watch the BYU devotional....things like that. Three days a week he goes in to work from 1-5...so I'll drop him off at the MTC at the end of my lunch break and pick him up when I get out of work. Our evenings during the last week consisted of moving into the apartment, shopping for apartment and reception necessities, home decorating, going to the temple, visiting with friends and family, meeting with the DJ, etc. Sometimes we'll come home from a long day and put in a movie or listen to music while we wind down and make dinner. We'll sometimes stay up a little later to read, exercise, talk and snuggle. Being married is so wonderful.

3 comments:

JACK!E said...

You two are so cute together!

Dani said...

YAY! :)

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Raquel! Glad you are so happy.